Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My baby is 3 months old

It is time to put away the bouncy seat. How do I know? It could be that Rachel screams every time I put her in it, or maybe that Elijah has spent more time in it lately than Rachel has. I went to pick it up to bring it to the basement while both kids were napping though, and I couldn't do it. Not yet. She is only 3 months old after all. When we get back from Thanksgiving, she will be almost 4 months old, and I don't know where that time went. I don't remember being sad when Elijah outgrew little baby things, perhaps because I was always praying that with each baby thing he outgrew, maybe he would finally sleep through the night. It could be that with your first you are just that much more excited to see them grow up. Whatever the case, anytime someone says to me, "Wow she has grown so much in the last few weeks!" I want to cover my ears and scream "Lalala. I can't hear you." I'm not ready for her to be big, I want to remember things about her the way she is now and not think that I will turn around and she will be like her brother saying, "Potty, Mama." Or turn around again and have her be going to kindergarten. Beyond that, I'm not even ready to start thinking about. So I decided to make a list of thinks that I love about her right now, so someday when she is two and I have forgotten all of this, I can look back and be reminded of God's faithfulness through all the stages of her life. -Her eyes get big whenever she hears Elijah coming and she smiles so sweetly at him when he talks to her. She especially likes it when he tells her she is pretty. -The way she thinks she is so big already. She has no interest in laying on anyone's shoulder, she needs to see and would far prefer to be sitting or standing. -When she sees me getting ready to feed her, the way she opens her mouth into a perfect O and lunges, as if someone else might get there before she does. -She prefers to nap in her carseat than in her crib. I like this better anyways, as it gives me a better view of my sweet sleeping baby. -She is a mover and a shaker even in her sleep. While swaddled one night this week she managed to take off her pants. Two nights later, she woke up with both of her legs in one leg of her blanket sleeper and both of her hands tucked into her armpits with her elbows in her sleeves. So that's my girl right now, at three months. I didn't write the hard stuff because that isn't what any sane mom wants to remember. Oh and the bouncy seat? It is still in my kitchen. I think I would rather trip over it a few more times than be ready to admit my baby is growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment